Feb 1, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
John Lannan is seeking $5.7 million; the Nats countered with a $5 million offer.
The Nationals and John Lannan went to arbitration today, the two sides arguing their cases before a three-judge panel in St. Petersburg, Fla., a source present at the hearing confirmed.
This was the first of potentially 24 arbitration cases to be heard this spring, though most teams and players tend to come to terms on their own before reaching the courtroom.
Lannan is seeking a $5.7 million salary this season; the Nationals countered with an offer of $5 million. He made $2.75 million in 2011. A ruling is expected tomorrow.
The 27-year-old left-hander went 10-13 with a 3.70 ERA in 33 starts last season, setting career highs in wins and ERA. Over a four-plus yearRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SUN: Nats at Phillies, 1:35 p.m.
MON: All-Star break
TUE: All-Star Game at Minneapolis, 8 p.m.
WED: All-Star break
THU: All-Star break
FRI: Brewers at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Brewers at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmerman delivers latest game-winner for Nats
- Instant analysis: Nats 5, Phillies 3 (10)
- Zimmermann likely to avoid DL with biceps strain
- Strasburg faces Hamels in pitching showdown
- Nats have zero All-Stars after Zimmermann replaced
- Harper homers but still battling out of slump
- Nats lose Zimmermann, fall to Phillies 6-2
- Zimmermann hopeful biceps cramp isn't serious
- Ian Desmond out but expects to return Saturday
- The Baseball Show: Analyzing the Nationals' first half