Feb 1, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
John Lannan is seeking $5.7 million; the Nats countered with a $5 million offer.
The Nationals and John Lannan went to arbitration today, the two sides arguing their cases before a three-judge panel in St. Petersburg, Fla., a source present at the hearing confirmed.
This was the first of potentially 24 arbitration cases to be heard this spring, though most teams and players tend to come to terms on their own before reaching the courtroom.
Lannan is seeking a $5.7 million salary this season; the Nationals countered with an offer of $5 million. He made $2.75 million in 2011. A ruling is expected tomorrow.
The 27-year-old left-hander went 10-13 with a 3.70 ERA in 33 starts last season, setting career highs in wins and ERA. Over a four-plus yearRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals