Feb 4, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Todd Coffey posted a 3.62 ERA in 69 games with the Nationals last season.
“Coffey Time” is heading out to La-La Land. Which means it may need to be re-branded “Soy Latte Time.”
Todd Coffey, who amused Nationals fans with his bullpen-to-mound sprint last season, has signed a one-year contract with the Dodgers that guarantees him at least $1.3 million.
The right-hander will earn $1 million this year, with a club option for 2013 worth $2.5 million, according to the Los Angeles Times. If the Dodgers decline the option, they’ll pay a $300,000 buyout.
Coffey, 31, went 5-1 with a 3.62 ERA in 69 appearances and proved an effective middle reliever during his one season in Washington. The Nationals had some mild interest in bringing him back, but once they inked veteran Brad Lidge to a one-year, $1 million contract last week, they no longer had an open bullpen slot.
The husky reliever owns a 4.08 ERA in 438 career appearances with the Reds, Brewers and Nationals.
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win