Feb 4, 2012, 3:33 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Todd Coffey posted a 3.62 ERA in 69 games with the Nationals last season.
“Coffey Time” is heading out to La-La Land. Which means it may need to be re-branded “Soy Latte Time.”
Todd Coffey, who amused Nationals fans with his bullpen-to-mound sprint last season, has signed a one-year contract with the Dodgers that guarantees him at least $1.3 million.
The right-hander will earn $1 million this year, with a club option for 2013 worth $2.5 million, according to the Los Angeles Times. If the Dodgers decline the option, they’ll pay a $300,000 buyout.
Coffey, 31, went 5-1 with a 3.62 ERA in 69 appearances and proved an effective middle reliever during his one season in Washington. The Nationals had some mild interest in bringing him back, but once they inked veteran Brad Lidge to a one-year, $1 million contract last week, they no longer had an open bullpen slot.
The husky reliever owns a 4.08 ERA in 438 career appearances with the Reds, Brewers and Nationals.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas