Feb 8, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Viera.com
Viera has grown considerably since the Nationals began playing there in 2005.
If you read yesterday's post, you now know everything there is to know about the baseball side of spring training. But there's so much more to spring training than bullpen sessions, pitchers fielding practice and long bus trips.
Like, what are you going to do the rest of the day and evening in Viera?
You are again in luck, because I've got your definitive guide to Viera and the surrounding Space Coast, a megalopolis that includes the towns of Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbour Beach, Titusville, Merritt Island … and some other towns I'm forgetting at the moment.
It is, however, important to know about the surrounding area, because Viera has only so much to offer. Honestly, it doesn't have much at all to offer, unless you're really into shopping centers, chain restaurants andRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ramos comes through with go-ahead hit against D'Backs
- Ramos' late heroics help Nats top D-Backs, snap losing streak
- Papelbon debuts Ric Flair intro song at Nats Park
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East