Feb 8, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
Photo courtesy Viera.com
Viera has grown considerably since the Nationals began playing there in 2005.
If you read yesterday's post, you now know everything there is to know about the baseball side of spring training. But there's so much more to spring training than bullpen sessions, pitchers fielding practice and long bus trips.
Like, what are you going to do the rest of the day and evening in Viera?
You are again in luck, because I've got your definitive guide to Viera and the surrounding Space Coast, a megalopolis that includes the towns of Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbour Beach, Titusville, Merritt Island … and some other towns I'm forgetting at the moment.
It is, however, important to know about the surrounding area, because Viera has only so much to offer. Honestly, it doesn't have much at all to offer, unless you're really into shopping centers, chain restaurants andRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins
- Mets set plan for Harvey with Strasburg in mind
- Point/Counterpoint: Will Nats regret Zim's contract?
- Report: Marlins showing strong interest in LaRoche
- Nats minor league coordinator Beasley leaves for Rangers