Feb 8, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Viera.com
Viera has grown considerably since the Nationals began playing there in 2005.
If you read yesterday's post, you now know everything there is to know about the baseball side of spring training. But there's so much more to spring training than bullpen sessions, pitchers fielding practice and long bus trips.
Like, what are you going to do the rest of the day and evening in Viera?
You are again in luck, because I've got your definitive guide to Viera and the surrounding Space Coast, a megalopolis that includes the towns of Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbour Beach, Titusville, Merritt Island … and some other towns I'm forgetting at the moment.
It is, however, important to know about the surrounding area, because Viera has only so much to offer. Honestly, it doesn't have much at all to offer, unless you're really into shopping centers, chain restaurants andRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game