Feb 9, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Infielder Jarrett Hoffpauir has a career .366 on-base percentage in the minors.
We've spent the majority of the offseason talking about guys who will have the biggest impact on the Nationals' fortunes in 2012 and beyond. That includes returning starters like Ryan Zimmerman, Adam LaRoche, Stephen Strasburg and Jordan Zimmermann. And that includes the high-profile additions GM Mike Rizzo has made so far: Gio Gonzalez, Edwin Jackson and Brad Lidge.
It's probably safe to say all of the aforementioned players will have a significant impact — positive or negative — on the Nationals this season.
And then there are several lesser-publicized additions, guys who signed minor-league contracts or were acquired in low-profile deals, who could make an impression this spring and force their way into the Nationals' plans.
They may not have a huge impact on the club this season. Shoot, they may not make the Opening Day roster at all. But there always seems to be at least one player each spring who emerges out of nowhere andRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown