Feb 9, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Infielder Jarrett Hoffpauir has a career .366 on-base percentage in the minors.
We've spent the majority of the offseason talking about guys who will have the biggest impact on the Nationals' fortunes in 2012 and beyond. That includes returning starters like Ryan Zimmerman, Adam LaRoche, Stephen Strasburg and Jordan Zimmermann. And that includes the high-profile additions GM Mike Rizzo has made so far: Gio Gonzalez, Edwin Jackson and Brad Lidge.
It's probably safe to say all of the aforementioned players will have a significant impact — positive or negative — on the Nationals this season.
And then there are several lesser-publicized additions, guys who signed minor-league contracts or were acquired in low-profile deals, who could make an impression this spring and force their way into the Nationals' plans.
They may not have a huge impact on the club this season. Shoot, they may not make the Opening Day roster at all. But there always seems to be at least one player each spring who emerges out of nowhere andRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale
- Harper, Desmond star in Nats 10-3 win over Mets
- Fister looks to stay perfect against Mets tonight
- Nats can't climb out of early hole, fall to Mets 4-3
- Nationals shoot for 13th straight win at Citi Field
- The Baseball Show: Are Nats finally over the Braves (VIDEO)
- Two Nationals players plunked by Colon in 6-2 win
- Desmond, Rendon back in Nationals' lineup
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers falling hard