Feb 16, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
The big day has nearly arrived. Several players have already begun arriving in Viera for the start of spring training, and all pitchers and catchers will report by Sunday. So will all the beat writers, including yours truly.
But before packing my bags and getting things in order back here at home, I joined CSNwashington.com’s Chase Hughes and the Washington Times’ Amanda Comak for a special, super-sized, spring training preview edition of Beltway Baseball. We touched on just about everything you could want to know about the Nationals heading into camp, from the state of the rotation to the state of the lineup to the state of Bryce Harper’s attempt to make the Opening Day roster.
Enjoy the show, and enjoy the final countdown to baseball season!
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen