Feb 16, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
The big day has nearly arrived. Several players have already begun arriving in Viera for the start of spring training, and all pitchers and catchers will report by Sunday. So will all the beat writers, including yours truly.
But before packing my bags and getting things in order back here at home, I joined CSNwashington.com’s Chase Hughes and the Washington Times’ Amanda Comak for a special, super-sized, spring training preview edition of Beltway Baseball. We touched on just about everything you could want to know about the Nationals heading into camp, from the state of the rotation to the state of the lineup to the state of Bryce Harper’s attempt to make the Opening Day roster.
Enjoy the show, and enjoy the final countdown to baseball season!
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Cardinals 4, Nats 1: Scherzer good, Wacha better