Feb 16, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
The big day has nearly arrived. Several players have already begun arriving in Viera for the start of spring training, and all pitchers and catchers will report by Sunday. So will all the beat writers, including yours truly.
But before packing my bags and getting things in order back here at home, I joined CSNwashington.com’s Chase Hughes and the Washington Times’ Amanda Comak for a special, super-sized, spring training preview edition of Beltway Baseball. We touched on just about everything you could want to know about the Nationals heading into camp, from the state of the rotation to the state of the lineup to the state of Bryce Harper’s attempt to make the Opening Day roster.
Enjoy the show, and enjoy the final countdown to baseball season!
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months