Feb 16, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
The big day has nearly arrived. Several players have already begun arriving in Viera for the start of spring training, and all pitchers and catchers will report by Sunday. So will all the beat writers, including yours truly.
But before packing my bags and getting things in order back here at home, I joined CSNwashington.com’s Chase Hughes and the Washington Times’ Amanda Comak for a special, super-sized, spring training preview edition of Beltway Baseball. We touched on just about everything you could want to know about the Nationals heading into camp, from the state of the rotation to the state of the lineup to the state of Bryce Harper’s attempt to make the Opening Day roster.
Enjoy the show, and enjoy the final countdown to baseball season!
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth
- LaRoche hopes to be a National 'for the rest of my career'