Feb 18, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
The bags are packed. The household chores have been (mostly) taken care of. Mrs. Z and Baby Z have been assured all will be fine in my absence.
It's time to head down to Viera. It's time for baseball.
This will be my eighth spring covering the Nationals — how did that happen? — and it promises to be the most anticipated and intriguing camp since the franchise arrived in town. As always, I'll do my best to bring it all to you via a multitude of platforms: Nats Insider, CSNwashington.com, Comcast SportsNet, Twitter, ESPN-980.
My itinerary for the spring, as assigned by CSN: Flying to Orlando this afternoon, then making the short drive east to Viera. I'll be on-site at Space Coast Stadium tomorrow morning as pitchers and catchers officially report (though nearly all of them, plus several position players,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin
- Stammen on season-ending surgery: "Bring it on"
- Marlins catcher not happy after getting benched: 'Yeah I’m mad'
- Nats hope to keep bats rolling vs. Phillies
- MLB Power Rankings: Red Sox, Dodgers flying high
- Nats' offense continues to roll in win vs. Phillies
- Michael Taylor showing Nats glimpses of his potential
- Fister gets the better of Hamels in 5-2 win in Philadelphia