Feb 21, 2012, 2:00 AM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Big-league camp is open for business, but the Nationals' minor-league camp won't commence until mid-March. The organization, though, is making sure its top prospects get a chance to start preparing for the season right now.
Keeping with tradition, the Nationals are once again holding an accelerated development program this spring, inviting 47 top prospects to participate in a camp that opens at the same time as the big leaguers do.
Among the most noteworthy participants are a pair of 2011 draft picks: right-hander Alex Meyer and outfielder Brian Goodwin. (Two of their fellow picks, third baseman Anthony Rendon and left-hander Matt Purke, are actually in big-league camp because they were given major-league contracts upon signing last August.)
Also in the accelerated program are 2010 draft picks Sammy Solis and Robbie Ray and top center field prospects Destin Hood and Michael Taylor.
Here's the full list of participants…
Michael BallardRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats