Feb 21, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Wilson Ramos had plenty of reason to smile during today's workout.
VIERA, Fla. — Wilson Ramos arrived for spring training with a new tattoo emblazoned on his left forearm. It includes a flock of doves and a biblical quote in Spanish, which translated reads: "I put everything in Jesus, because he's got my back."
For anyone who encounters Ramos, it's an instant reminder that this winter was unlike any ever experienced by a major-league ballplayer. As much as people wish they could relate to Ramos, no active player had ever been abducted from his home and whisked away under a dark hood to a remote shack in the mountains.
So teammates and coaches have tried their best to offer Ramos support and good wishes since the moment he walked into Space Coast Stadium this spring. The Nationals' second-year catcher appreciates it all, but heRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth
- LaRoche hopes to be a National 'for the rest of my career'