Feb 21, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Wilson Ramos had plenty of reason to smile during today's workout.
VIERA, Fla. — Wilson Ramos arrived for spring training with a new tattoo emblazoned on his left forearm. It includes a flock of doves and a biblical quote in Spanish, which translated reads: "I put everything in Jesus, because he's got my back."
For anyone who encounters Ramos, it's an instant reminder that this winter was unlike any ever experienced by a major-league ballplayer. As much as people wish they could relate to Ramos, no active player had ever been abducted from his home and whisked away under a dark hood to a remote shack in the mountains.
So teammates and coaches have tried their best to offer Ramos support and good wishes since the moment he walked into Space Coast Stadium this spring. The Nationals' second-year catcher appreciates it all, but heRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke