Feb 24, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
Comcast SportsNet’s Kelli Johnson sat down with Stephen Strasburg yesterday in Viera for an interview that covered subjects from coming back from Tommy John surgery to his innings limit this season, to golf and shrimp fishing.
Check out the interview (cut into five parts):
In Part 1, Kelli talks with Stephen about being injury-free to start the season, dealing with Tommy John surgery and having Bryce Harper as a teammate.
In Part 2 of the interview, Stephen talks about the attention he’s received, if surgery changed his throwing style and how getting some starts last September will help him this season.
Click here to watch Part 2
In Part 3 of the interview, Kelli talks with Stephen about being on a 160-innings count, getting advice from Jordan Zimmerman and the off-season additions to the Nationals pitching staff.
In Part 4 of the interview, Stephen comments on possibly being the opening day starter, the Wilson Ramos kidnapping and being managed by Tony Gwynn and Davey Johnson.
In the final part of the interview, Stephen talks about how he’s been golfing lately and his recent adventure going shrimp fishing.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta