Feb 24, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
Comcast SportsNet’s Kelli Johnson sat down with Stephen Strasburg yesterday in Viera for an interview that covered subjects from coming back from Tommy John surgery to his innings limit this season, to golf and shrimp fishing.
Check out the interview (cut into five parts):
In Part 1, Kelli talks with Stephen about being injury-free to start the season, dealing with Tommy John surgery and having Bryce Harper as a teammate.
In Part 2 of the interview, Stephen talks about the attention he’s received, if surgery changed his throwing style and how getting some starts last September will help him this season.
Click here to watch Part 2
In Part 3 of the interview, Kelli talks with Stephen about being on a 160-innings count, getting advice from Jordan Zimmerman and the off-season additions to the Nationals pitching staff.
In Part 4 of the interview, Stephen comments on possibly being the opening day starter, the Wilson Ramos kidnapping and being managed by Tony Gwynn and Davey Johnson.
In the final part of the interview, Stephen talks about how he’s been golfing lately and his recent adventure going shrimp fishing.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy