Feb 25, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ryan Zimmerman worked out today with his contract situation still unresolved.
Updated at 2:09 p.m.
VIERA, Fla. — Ryan Zimmerman has given the Nationals until the end of the day to hash out the last remaining details of a long-term contract extension that has nearly been completed but has not been finalized quite yet.
Though his original, self-imposed deadline to complete a deal before the first official, full-squad workout of spring training came and went this morning, Zimmerman decided to give the negotiations one last shot before halting them at the end of the day.
"Today is the day," Zimmerman said following the workout. "It's either going to get done, or it's not going to get done. Both sides are working to get over the last little couple of hurdles, I guess you could call them."
Zimmerman didn't specify precisely what hurdles remain, but suggested it remains the same sticking point that has held things up for someRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win