Feb 27, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Bryce Harper should get considerable playing time this spring.
VIERA, Fla. — It doesn't look like the Nationals will have to wait too long to see their two most recent top draft picks in the starting lineup.
Manager Davey Johnson suggested today that 2011 first-round pick Anthony Rendon will start at third base Friday in the club's exhibition opener against Georgetown University and 2010 No. 1 overall pick Bryce Harper will start in right field Saturday in the Grapefruit League opener at the Astros.
Johnson has been saying all week he's particularly interested in seeing what kind of production he can get from his left-handed bats, hoping to balance out a lineup heavy with right-handed sluggers (Ryan Zimmerman, Michael Morse, Jayson Werth). With right-hander (and ex-National) Livan Hernandez slated to be on the mound for Houston Saturday in Kissimmee, Johnson will try to stack his lineup with asRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly