Feb 27, 2012, 7:49 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Bryce Harper should get considerable playing time this spring.
VIERA, Fla. — It doesn't look like the Nationals will have to wait too long to see their two most recent top draft picks in the starting lineup.
Manager Davey Johnson suggested today that 2011 first-round pick Anthony Rendon will start at third base Friday in the club's exhibition opener against Georgetown University and 2010 No. 1 overall pick Bryce Harper will start in right field Saturday in the Grapefruit League opener at the Astros.
Johnson has been saying all week he's particularly interested in seeing what kind of production he can get from his left-handed bats, hoping to balance out a lineup heavy with right-handed sluggers (Ryan Zimmerman, Michael Morse, Jayson Werth). With right-hander (and ex-National) Livan Hernandez slated to be on the mound for Houston Saturday in Kissimmee, Johnson will try to stack his lineup with asRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?