Feb 28, 2012, 7:12 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jayson Werth was held out of today's session for precautionary reasons.
Manager Davey Johnson wasn't overly concerned about what appears to be a minor tweak to his starting right fielder.
"I'm not worried," Johnson said. "There's plenty of time."
Werth may not be in the lineup for either of the Nationals' first two exhibition games later this week (Friday against Georgetown University, Saturday at the Astros) but Johnson already wasn't planning to use most of his regulars in either game.
He'll probably make his game debut Sunday at home against Houston,Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe