Feb 28, 2012, 7:12 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jayson Werth was held out of today's session for precautionary reasons.
Manager Davey Johnson wasn't overly concerned about what appears to be a minor tweak to his starting right fielder.
"I'm not worried," Johnson said. "There's plenty of time."
Werth may not be in the lineup for either of the Nationals' first two exhibition games later this week (Friday against Georgetown University, Saturday at the Astros) but Johnson already wasn't planning to use most of his regulars in either game.
He'll probably make his game debut Sunday at home against Houston,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Espinosa solid as Nats' temporary third baseman
- State of the Nats: Cardinals coming to town
- The Baseball Show: Things are turning up for the Nats
- Marlins in panic mode after poor start to 2015
- Strasburg's changeup key in Nats' win against Phillies
- Denard Span's return felt 'like old times' for Nats
- Strasburg dazzles in Span’s return
- Taylor sent down to Syracuse, hopes to develop consistency
- Nats activate Span off disabled list for Sunday's game
- Strasburg starts as Nats host Phillies in series finale