Feb 29, 2012, 2:39 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Bryce Harper has attempted to keep his profile low so far this spring.
VIERA, Fla. — This may qualify as the biggest news of Nationals camp so far: Bryce Harper has deleted his Twitter account.
OK, so perhaps that's not as significant as Ryan Zimmerman's $100 million contract extension or the open competition for roster spots. But given the attention Harper had been getting not only for his on-field performance but also for his online personality, it's sure to catch a few people by surprise.
Why did Harper delete the account last night?
"I just wanted to," the 19-year-old outfielder said. "I was done."
Harper wasn't interested in providing more details than that, though it's perhaps no coincidence he halted his tweeting less than 48 hours after the Nationals held a full-team meeting on PR and media relations,Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal