Feb 29, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez throws live BP today with Class AAA pitching coach Greg Booker watching.
VIERA, Fla. — We've reached that inevitable point in spring training where everyone pines for the games to begin. There are only so many defensive drills and live BP guys can take before they start clamoring for some real game action.
Fortunately, that day has nearly arrived. The Nationals will host Georgetown in a charity game Friday at noon, then head to Kissimmee to face the Astros in their official Grapefruit League opener Saturday at 1:05 p.m.
Sensing his guys are just about ready to play nine innings against an opponent, manager Davey Johnson took the unusual step this morning of having his club work out inside Space Coast Stadium instead of on the practice fields just down the road. There are still too many players to use just one field, so half of the squad worked out right across theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line