Feb 29, 2012, 8:04 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Jayson Werth has been hampered by back spasms the last few days.
VIERA, Fla. — Though they've been fortunate not to suffer any injuries of consequence so far in big-league camp this spring, the Nationals are dealing with several nagging issues that have thinned the ranks at workouts the last few days.
Four players did not participate fully during today's session: outfielder Jayson Werth (back), first baseman Adam LaRoche (ankle), utilityman Chad Tracy (knee) and right-hander Yunesky Maya (flu-like symptoms).
The Nationals consider none of the ailments significant at this point and all were held out more for precautionary reasons than anything, according to manager Davey Johnson, who said he made the decisions to hold them out.
"I would just rather [take one] step back, [then] take two steps forward rather than keep plodding along," Johnson said. "And that was strictlyRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats