Feb 29, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jayson Werth has been hampered by back spasms the last few days.
VIERA, Fla. — Though they've been fortunate not to suffer any injuries of consequence so far in big-league camp this spring, the Nationals are dealing with several nagging issues that have thinned the ranks at workouts the last few days.
Four players did not participate fully during today's session: outfielder Jayson Werth (back), first baseman Adam LaRoche (ankle), utilityman Chad Tracy (knee) and right-hander Yunesky Maya (flu-like symptoms).
The Nationals consider none of the ailments significant at this point and all were held out more for precautionary reasons than anything, according to manager Davey Johnson, who said he made the decisions to hold them out.
"I would just rather [take one] step back, [then] take two steps forward rather than keep plodding along," Johnson said. "And that was strictlyRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1