Feb 29, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jayson Werth has been hampered by back spasms the last few days.
VIERA, Fla. — Though they've been fortunate not to suffer any injuries of consequence so far in big-league camp this spring, the Nationals are dealing with several nagging issues that have thinned the ranks at workouts the last few days.
Four players did not participate fully during today's session: outfielder Jayson Werth (back), first baseman Adam LaRoche (ankle), utilityman Chad Tracy (knee) and right-hander Yunesky Maya (flu-like symptoms).
The Nationals consider none of the ailments significant at this point and all were held out more for precautionary reasons than anything, according to manager Davey Johnson, who said he made the decisions to hold them out.
"I would just rather [take one] step back, [then] take two steps forward rather than keep plodding along," Johnson said. "And that was strictlyRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes