Mar 1, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche has missed the last two workouts with a minor ankle sprain.
VIERA, Fla. — Hindered by a mild ankle sprain suffered during a baserunning drill, Adam LaRoche is not fully participating in today's workout at Space Coast Stadium, but the Nationals first baseman expects to make his Grapefruit League debut Sunday against the Astros.
LaRoche tweaked his left ankle running the bases Tuesday. X-rays revealed no fracture or structural damage.
"Just some swelling and a mild sprain," he said. "That was the good news."
LaRoche does plan to do some light throwing and swinging today, as he also eases his surgically repaired left shoulder back into game shape. The shoulder continues to feel sore after throwing, but the veteran firstRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman
- After shaky 1st inning, Zimmermann cruises
- Nationals Stock Watch: Other hot bats besides Harper
- Hershey's pitches in to help Nationals continue sweet celebrations
- Harper, Williams strongly disagree with ejections from win vs. Yankees
- Harper and Williams ejected again, Nats rally again
- Harper, Williams ejected vs. Yankees on Wednesday night