Mar 1, 2012, 3:26 PM EST
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche has missed the last two workouts with a minor ankle sprain.
VIERA, Fla. — Hindered by a mild ankle sprain suffered during a baserunning drill, Adam LaRoche is not fully participating in today's workout at Space Coast Stadium, but the Nationals first baseman expects to make his Grapefruit League debut Sunday against the Astros.
LaRoche tweaked his left ankle running the bases Tuesday. X-rays revealed no fracture or structural damage.
"Just some swelling and a mild sprain," he said. "That was the good news."
LaRoche does plan to do some light throwing and swinging today, as he also eases his surgically repaired left shoulder back into game shape. The shoulder continues to feel sore after throwing, but the veteran firstRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast
- Williams on Harper, Strasburg and more
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo on lefty reliever market (VIDEO)
- Nationals' asking price high on Storen, Clippard