Mar 1, 2012, 3:26 PM EST
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche has missed the last two workouts with a minor ankle sprain.
VIERA, Fla. — Hindered by a mild ankle sprain suffered during a baserunning drill, Adam LaRoche is not fully participating in today's workout at Space Coast Stadium, but the Nationals first baseman expects to make his Grapefruit League debut Sunday against the Astros.
LaRoche tweaked his left ankle running the bases Tuesday. X-rays revealed no fracture or structural damage.
"Just some swelling and a mild sprain," he said. "That was the good news."
LaRoche does plan to do some light throwing and swinging today, as he also eases his surgically repaired left shoulder back into game shape. The shoulder continues to feel sore after throwing, but the veteran firstRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats