Mar 2, 2012, 3:16 PM EST
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche is dealing with a mild ankle sprain and a surgically repaired shoulder.
Manager Davey Johnson said this morning LaRoche probably won't play over the weekend, "unless somehow, miraculously, he'd be 100 percent."
LaRoche has been dealing with a mild ankle sprain since Tuesday, though he's been participating in some workouts since then and expressed confidence yesterday he'd be ready to go for Sunday's Grapefruit League home opener against the Astros.
"Unless, obviously, this changes something, I plan on playing Sunday,"Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera