Mar 2, 2012, 3:16 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche is dealing with a mild ankle sprain and a surgically repaired shoulder.
Manager Davey Johnson said this morning LaRoche probably won't play over the weekend, "unless somehow, miraculously, he'd be 100 percent."
LaRoche has been dealing with a mild ankle sprain since Tuesday, though he's been participating in some workouts since then and expressed confidence yesterday he'd be ready to go for Sunday's Grapefruit League home opener against the Astros.
"Unless, obviously, this changes something, I plan on playing Sunday,"Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays