Mar 2, 2012, 3:16 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche is dealing with a mild ankle sprain and a surgically repaired shoulder.
Manager Davey Johnson said this morning LaRoche probably won't play over the weekend, "unless somehow, miraculously, he'd be 100 percent."
LaRoche has been dealing with a mild ankle sprain since Tuesday, though he's been participating in some workouts since then and expressed confidence yesterday he'd be ready to go for Sunday's Grapefruit League home opener against the Astros.
"Unless, obviously, this changes something, I plan on playing Sunday,"Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order