Mar 2, 2012, 3:16 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche is dealing with a mild ankle sprain and a surgically repaired shoulder.
Manager Davey Johnson said this morning LaRoche probably won't play over the weekend, "unless somehow, miraculously, he'd be 100 percent."
LaRoche has been dealing with a mild ankle sprain since Tuesday, though he's been participating in some workouts since then and expressed confidence yesterday he'd be ready to go for Sunday's Grapefruit League home opener against the Astros.
"Unless, obviously, this changes something, I plan on playing Sunday,"Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann gets roughed up for 8 runs by Marlins
- Nats cut two more, reducing healthy roster to 27
- Is this a preview of Nats' Opening Day lineup?
- Rendon will begin season on DL with sprained MCL
- Frandsen released, Gwynn Jr. sent to minors
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him