Mar 2, 2012, 3:16 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche is dealing with a mild ankle sprain and a surgically repaired shoulder.
Manager Davey Johnson said this morning LaRoche probably won't play over the weekend, "unless somehow, miraculously, he'd be 100 percent."
LaRoche has been dealing with a mild ankle sprain since Tuesday, though he's been participating in some workouts since then and expressed confidence yesterday he'd be ready to go for Sunday's Grapefruit League home opener against the Astros.
"Unless, obviously, this changes something, I plan on playing Sunday,"Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp