Mar 3, 2012, 10:21 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Edwin Jackson tossed two scoreless innings this afternoon.
KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Steve McCatty spent the first two weeks of spring training working with Edwin Jackson on mechanical changes to his windup, the Nationals pitching coach hoping to get his right-hander to correct flaws that may have led to him tipping pitches.
Now that the Grapefruit League has commenced and there are actual batters standing at the plate, McCatty doesn't want Jackson thinking about any of that stuff any more.
"We're not going to make a mechanical issue about anything," McCatty said following today's game against the Astros. "We're not talking about tipping. Nothing. I want him to feel nice and smooth. I want him to feel like everything's working together and not always worry about all the other garbage that goes on."
Easier said than done. Though Jackson enjoyed a few encouraging moments during his two innings of work, he admitted it was still aRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres