Mar 3, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Edwin Jackson tossed two scoreless innings this afternoon.
KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Steve McCatty spent the first two weeks of spring training working with Edwin Jackson on mechanical changes to his windup, the Nationals pitching coach hoping to get his right-hander to correct flaws that may have led to him tipping pitches.
Now that the Grapefruit League has commenced and there are actual batters standing at the plate, McCatty doesn't want Jackson thinking about any of that stuff any more.
"We're not going to make a mechanical issue about anything," McCatty said following today's game against the Astros. "We're not talking about tipping. Nothing. I want him to feel nice and smooth. I want him to feel like everything's working together and not always worry about all the other garbage that goes on."
Easier said than done. Though Jackson enjoyed a few encouraging moments during his two innings of work, he admitted it was still aRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats make deadline move for Asdrubal Cabrera
- Gio, Nats host Phillies for first of four-game set at Nationals Park
- On deadline day, Nationals have decisions to make
- Nationals Stock Watch: Roark leading Nats' rotation
- Nationals get a big rally, then hang on for dear life
- Nats end road trip with much-needed 4-3 win over Marlins
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0