Mar 3, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Edwin Jackson tossed two scoreless innings this afternoon.
KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Steve McCatty spent the first two weeks of spring training working with Edwin Jackson on mechanical changes to his windup, the Nationals pitching coach hoping to get his right-hander to correct flaws that may have led to him tipping pitches.
Now that the Grapefruit League has commenced and there are actual batters standing at the plate, McCatty doesn't want Jackson thinking about any of that stuff any more.
"We're not going to make a mechanical issue about anything," McCatty said following today's game against the Astros. "We're not talking about tipping. Nothing. I want him to feel nice and smooth. I want him to feel like everything's working together and not always worry about all the other garbage that goes on."
Easier said than done. Though Jackson enjoyed a few encouraging moments during his two innings of work, he admitted it was still aRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Aaron Barrett stares down Brandon Barnes
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best