Mar 6, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche has yet to make his spring training debut.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Though Adam LaRoche says he's ready to go, Nationals manager Davey Johnson says he'll likely hold his first baseman out more day before letting him make his spring training debut Thursday.
LaRoche hasn't appeared in a game yet after suffering a mild ankle sprain during an early workout. He's also recovering from last summer's surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder.
Johnson had indicated earlier this week he intended to have LaRoche make his debut tomorrow against the Cardinals, but this morning the manager indicated he'll probably wait one more day because LaRoche has not yet had the opportunity to hit off live pitching.
"I think he'll be champing at the bit for tomorrow, but I'm not going to play him tomorrow," Johnson said. "Hopefully he'll be ready to goRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals turn sloppy in loss to Kershaw, L.A.
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win