Mar 6, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche has yet to make his spring training debut.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Though Adam LaRoche says he's ready to go, Nationals manager Davey Johnson says he'll likely hold his first baseman out more day before letting him make his spring training debut Thursday.
LaRoche hasn't appeared in a game yet after suffering a mild ankle sprain during an early workout. He's also recovering from last summer's surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder.
Johnson had indicated earlier this week he intended to have LaRoche make his debut tomorrow against the Cardinals, but this morning the manager indicated he'll probably wait one more day because LaRoche has not yet had the opportunity to hit off live pitching.
"I think he'll be champing at the bit for tomorrow, but I'm not going to play him tomorrow," Johnson said. "Hopefully he'll be ready to goRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling