Mar 6, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Adam LaRoche has yet to make his spring training debut.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Though Adam LaRoche says he's ready to go, Nationals manager Davey Johnson says he'll likely hold his first baseman out more day before letting him make his spring training debut Thursday.
LaRoche hasn't appeared in a game yet after suffering a mild ankle sprain during an early workout. He's also recovering from last summer's surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder.
Johnson had indicated earlier this week he intended to have LaRoche make his debut tomorrow against the Cardinals, but this morning the manager indicated he'll probably wait one more day because LaRoche has not yet had the opportunity to hit off live pitching.
"I think he'll be champing at the bit for tomorrow, but I'm not going to play him tomorrow," Johnson said. "Hopefully he'll be ready to goRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trying to make sense of the Nationals' season
- Desmond turns emotional after likely Nats finale
- Harper loses batting title but sets up for MVP
- Nats' season ends with 1-0 loss to the Mets
- Rizzo: Decision on Williams will come soon
- Tanner Roark starts in season finale for the Nationals
- Nats rookie fractures hand in first career start
- Putting Scherzer's no-hitters into historical context
- Escobar error spoils Scherzer's bid for perfect game
- Scherzer throws 2nd no-hitter of season, shuts out Mets