Mar 6, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Michael Morse was a late scratch from the Nationals' lineup for today's spring training game against the Braves due to a lat strain that had been bothering him for several days, but the cleanup hitter doesn't believe he'll be out more than a day or two.
The club officially said Morse's status is "day-to-day," and the left fielder backed up that sentiment when describing the injury. Asked if he's worried at all, he replied: "No, I'm not, and I get worried. It's early and there's plenty of time to get it going. I can still hit, I can still run, I just can't throw. I'll be fine hitting."
Even if the injury isn't serious, it wouldn't be surprising if Morse misses several days because manager Davey Johnson tends to be overly cautious with all of players when dealing with minor tweaks and scrapes.
Morse's strain is to the right latissimus dorsi, the muscle that stretches from the upper back to underneath the armpit. It's a common injuryRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team