Mar 8, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Space Coast Stadium plays host to the Houston Astros this afternoon.
No matter how hard the Nationals try to distance themselves from Livan Hernandez, they just can't avoid him right now. Five days after the big guy made his Astros debut against his former club in Kissimmee, he's back on the mound again today in Viera.
Livo will face a few more regulars than he did last time, with Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth, Danny Espinosa and Wilson Ramos all starting today. Bryce Harper also returns to the lineup after finally getting his first game of the spring off yesterday; the 19-year-old currently leads the entire roster in hits (5) and at-bats (11) in Grapefruit League play.
Edwin Jackson makes his second start of the spring, once again hoping to get his timing and mechanics down after struggling a bit with them last week in Kissimmee. He'll be cleared to go four innings or 60 pitches. Jackson is due to be followed on the mound by Ross Detwiler, Henry Rodriguez (making his spring debut) and Ryan Perry.
Enjoy the game and the discussion…
HOUSTON ASTROS vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: Astros radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Scattered showers, 78 degrees, Wind 16 in from LF
SS Steve Lombardozzi
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Mark DeRosa
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair