Mar 9, 2012, 8:36 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Roger Dean Stadium, spring training home of the newly renamed Miami Marlins.
Stephen Strasburg's first outing of the spring was good, not great. The right-hander did give up a couple of runs in 2 2/3 innings to the Astros, of them coming on a Chris Snyder homer. He did, however, strike out three and emerge feeling strong as ever.
Tonight, Strasburg returns to the mound, looking to build off that first start against an opponent he better get used to seeing a lot: the newly renamed Miami Marlins. New manager Ozzie Guillen is throwing most of his "A" lineup out there tonight, including the talented-but-moody Jose Reyes-Hanley Ramirez tandem for the first time.
Davey Johnson, on the other hand, isn't sending very many regulars on the trip down to Jupiter. Ian Desmond is at shortstop. Rick Ankiel is DH'ing. Otherwise, it's backups and prospects (including Anthony Rendon). Tom Gorzelanny, who was tagged for seven runs in one inning last time out, is scheduled to replace Strasburg on the mound in the fourth or fifth inning.
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Marlins radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 73 degrees, Wind 7 out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Steve Lombardozzi
LF Jason Michaels
1B Tyler Moore
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign Uggla to minor-league deal
- Significant moment No. 6: Nats win 10 in a row
- Jimmy Rollins: Phillies have missed Werth since he signed with Nats
- Significant moment No. 7: Williams benches Harper
- Significant moment No. 8: Span breaks hit record
- Nats sign veteran infielder Stewart to minor deal
- Ex-Nats pitcher Haren really doesn't want to pitch for the Marlins
- Significant moment No. 9: Soriano out, Storen in
- Nats sign veteran Heath Bell to minor-league deal
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins