Mar 11, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Nats are back at Roger Dean Stadium today facing the Cardinals.
Fresh off an, um … what do you call it when a team wins one game and ties the other? It's not a sweep. It's not a split. How about a spleep? Anyways, the Nationals beat the Mets in Viera yesterday and then tied the Tigers in Lakeland. Today, one unified squad heads down to Jupiter to face the Cardinals.
The most notable name making the trip is Adam LaRoche, who went 1-for-2 with an RBI single in his spring debut yesterday and felt so good about he convinced manager Davey Johnson to let him play again today.
Gio Gonzalez is on the mound for his second start, coming off a dominating performance against the Braves. He'll once again be facing a lineup boasting plenty of starters; the World Series champs have Matt Holliday, David Freese, Lance Berkman and Yadier Molina playing today.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: Cardinals radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Windy, 78 degrees, Wind 20 in from RF
CF Eury Perez
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win