Mar 11, 2012, 2:36 PM EST
US Presswire photo
The Nats are back at Roger Dean Stadium today facing the Cardinals.
Fresh off an, um … what do you call it when a team wins one game and ties the other? It's not a sweep. It's not a split. How about a spleep? Anyways, the Nationals beat the Mets in Viera yesterday and then tied the Tigers in Lakeland. Today, one unified squad heads down to Jupiter to face the Cardinals.
The most notable name making the trip is Adam LaRoche, who went 1-for-2 with an RBI single in his spring debut yesterday and felt so good about he convinced manager Davey Johnson to let him play again today.
Gio Gonzalez is on the mound for his second start, coming off a dominating performance against the Braves. He'll once again be facing a lineup boasting plenty of starters; the World Series champs have Matt Holliday, David Freese, Lance Berkman and Yadier Molina playing today.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: Cardinals radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Windy, 78 degrees, Wind 20 in from RF
CF Eury Perez
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres