Mar 11, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Nats are back at Roger Dean Stadium today facing the Cardinals.
Fresh off an, um … what do you call it when a team wins one game and ties the other? It's not a sweep. It's not a split. How about a spleep? Anyways, the Nationals beat the Mets in Viera yesterday and then tied the Tigers in Lakeland. Today, one unified squad heads down to Jupiter to face the Cardinals.
The most notable name making the trip is Adam LaRoche, who went 1-for-2 with an RBI single in his spring debut yesterday and felt so good about he convinced manager Davey Johnson to let him play again today.
Gio Gonzalez is on the mound for his second start, coming off a dominating performance against the Braves. He'll once again be facing a lineup boasting plenty of starters; the World Series champs have Matt Holliday, David Freese, Lance Berkman and Yadier Molina playing today.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: Cardinals radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Windy, 78 degrees, Wind 20 in from RF
CF Eury Perez
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth
- LaRoche hopes to be a National 'for the rest of my career'
- MLB announces World Series schedule