Mar 11, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Nats are back at Roger Dean Stadium today facing the Cardinals.
Fresh off an, um … what do you call it when a team wins one game and ties the other? It's not a sweep. It's not a split. How about a spleep? Anyways, the Nationals beat the Mets in Viera yesterday and then tied the Tigers in Lakeland. Today, one unified squad heads down to Jupiter to face the Cardinals.
The most notable name making the trip is Adam LaRoche, who went 1-for-2 with an RBI single in his spring debut yesterday and felt so good about he convinced manager Davey Johnson to let him play again today.
Gio Gonzalez is on the mound for his second start, coming off a dominating performance against the Braves. He'll once again be facing a lineup boasting plenty of starters; the World Series champs have Matt Holliday, David Freese, Lance Berkman and Yadier Molina playing today.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: Cardinals radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Windy, 78 degrees, Wind 20 in from RF
CF Eury Perez
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)