Mar 12, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Cardinals come to Space Coast Stadium this afternoon.
They rained out after only four innings yesterday in Jupiter, but today the Nationals get another crack at the Cardinals. Or, at least a split-squad version of the Cardinals who made the drive up to Viera.
Plenty of regulars in the Nats' lineup, including Michael Morse (making his return as DH after missing six days with a lat strain) and Adam LaRoche (starting at first base). Jordan Zimmermann takes the mound in a rematch with top St. Louis prospect Shelby Miller (the two squared off five days ago).
No TV or radio coverage of this one, but the Nationals are planning to make their first round of cuts this afternoon, so stay tuned for that news…
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS (ss) vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 15 in from LF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
DH Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves