Mar 12, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Cardinals come to Space Coast Stadium this afternoon.
They rained out after only four innings yesterday in Jupiter, but today the Nationals get another crack at the Cardinals. Or, at least a split-squad version of the Cardinals who made the drive up to Viera.
Plenty of regulars in the Nats' lineup, including Michael Morse (making his return as DH after missing six days with a lat strain) and Adam LaRoche (starting at first base). Jordan Zimmermann takes the mound in a rematch with top St. Louis prospect Shelby Miller (the two squared off five days ago).
No TV or radio coverage of this one, but the Nationals are planning to make their first round of cuts this afternoon, so stay tuned for that news…
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS (ss) vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 15 in from LF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
DH Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis