Mar 13, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Nationals host the Tigers tonight at Space Coast Stadium.
More and more good news on the injury front from Viera: Michael Morse emerged from his first game back from a lat strain feeling strong, so he's in the lineup again tonight serving as DH. And Bryce Harper's calf strain has improved enough to convince manager Davey Johnson to put the 19-year-old back in right field tomorrow night against the Braves.
In the meantime, plenty of regulars in the lineup tonight against Detroit, including Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Ryan Zimmerman (who is absolutely raking at the plate right now), Morse, Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos. Edwin Jackson becomes the first member of the rotation to make his third start.
And the best news of the day: This game is on TV. So sit back and enjoy some Grapefruit League action this evening, and enjoy the ongoing conversation here…
DETROIT TIGERS vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (delayed at 1 a.m.)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 11 LF to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
DH Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves
- Prospects Cole, Rivero cut from big-league camp
- Desperate Braves sign Santana for $14 million