Mar 13, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
US Presswire photo
The Nationals host the Tigers tonight at Space Coast Stadium.
More and more good news on the injury front from Viera: Michael Morse emerged from his first game back from a lat strain feeling strong, so he's in the lineup again tonight serving as DH. And Bryce Harper's calf strain has improved enough to convince manager Davey Johnson to put the 19-year-old back in right field tomorrow night against the Braves.
In the meantime, plenty of regulars in the lineup tonight against Detroit, including Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Ryan Zimmerman (who is absolutely raking at the plate right now), Morse, Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos. Edwin Jackson becomes the first member of the rotation to make his third start.
And the best news of the day: This game is on TV. So sit back and enjoy some Grapefruit League action this evening, and enjoy the ongoing conversation here…
DETROIT TIGERS vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (delayed at 1 a.m.)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 11 LF to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
DH Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?