Mar 14, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
John Lannan has made two starts but is slated to come out of the bullpen Thursday.
It was probably the Nationals' biggest question mark entering camp, and it probably remains their biggest question mark with three weeks remaining in spring training: What happens to John Lannan?
Truth be told, the Nationals don't appear to have any more definitive answer to that question today than they did when the left-hander first reported to Viera. But one way or another, they're going to have to make a decision sometime in the near future.
If there is a conclusion that can be drawn on March 14, it's this: Lannan isn't going to be part of the Nationals' Opening Day rotation, not unless someone else on the staff gets hurt. Not because of anything he's done so far this spring. But because Chien-Ming Wang has been effective and healthy.
After a designed slow build-up during the early portion of camp, Wang has begun to catch up to the rest of the pack. Team officials were pleased with his velocity and command Saturday during a two-inningRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win