Mar 14, 2012, 6:10 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg starts tonight at Disney's Wide World of Sports complex.
If you're a prospects junkie (or if you work for Baseball America magazine), it doesn't get much better than this: Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper and Julio Teheran will all be starting tonight when the Nationals meet the Braves at Disney World. You, of course, know everything there is to know about Strasburg and Harper. You may not know as much about Teheran, but you'll be seeing plenty of Atlanta's No. 1 pitching prospect (and the No. 5 overall prospect in the sport according to BA) soon enough.
From the Nats' perspective, it'll be interesting to see how both Strasburg and Harper look tonight. Strasburg makes his third start of the spring, coming off a somewhat inconsistent outing last week against the Marlins. Harper, meanwhile, makes his return to the lineup after missing time with calf tightness.
Not too many other regulars are making the trip this evening, but Adam LaRoche is at first base, giving everyone another opportunity to gauge the state of his shoulder and ankle.
Plenty of viewing and listening options for this one, too, with the game televised on MLB Network (FYI: You'll be getting the Braves' crew) and with Charlie and Dave back in the radio booth again. Enjoy the game and the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Disney's Wide World of Sports, Lake Buena Vista
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
TV: MLB Network, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 79 degrees, Wind 11 mph LF to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Steve Lombardozzi
3B Mark DeRosa
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1