Mar 14, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg starts tonight at Disney's Wide World of Sports complex.
If you're a prospects junkie (or if you work for Baseball America magazine), it doesn't get much better than this: Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper and Julio Teheran will all be starting tonight when the Nationals meet the Braves at Disney World. You, of course, know everything there is to know about Strasburg and Harper. You may not know as much about Teheran, but you'll be seeing plenty of Atlanta's No. 1 pitching prospect (and the No. 5 overall prospect in the sport according to BA) soon enough.
From the Nats' perspective, it'll be interesting to see how both Strasburg and Harper look tonight. Strasburg makes his third start of the spring, coming off a somewhat inconsistent outing last week against the Marlins. Harper, meanwhile, makes his return to the lineup after missing time with calf tightness.
Not too many other regulars are making the trip this evening, but Adam LaRoche is at first base, giving everyone another opportunity to gauge the state of his shoulder and ankle.
Plenty of viewing and listening options for this one, too, with the game televised on MLB Network (FYI: You'll be getting the Braves' crew) and with Charlie and Dave back in the radio booth again. Enjoy the game and the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Disney's Wide World of Sports, Lake Buena Vista
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
TV: MLB Network, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 79 degrees, Wind 11 mph LF to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Steve Lombardozzi
3B Mark DeRosa
1B Adam LaRoche
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers