Mar 15, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Yankees come to Space Coast Stadium this afternoon.
If Bryce Harper can't play for the New York Yankees, at the very least he wants to play against the New York Yankees. So the 19-year-old right fielder has to be a little pumped for today's game at Space Coast Stadium … er, until he sees the Yankees' lineup.
To the surprise of no one who understands how spring training road games work, manager Joe Girardi is bringing a skeleton crew across the state to Viera. Brett Gardner and Russell Martin are in the lineup, but that's about it for regulars. Newly acquired flamethrower Michael Pineda (who faced the Nats last year while with the Mariners) is on the mound.
Speaking of reunions, former Yankee 19-game winner Chien-Ming Wang starts for the Nationals, the latest test of the right-hander's shoulder and stamina. John Lannan, trying to force his way back into the Opening Day rotation, will pitch out of the bullpen today.
Yes, there's plenty of college hoops on the tube this afternoon, but we've also baseball with Bob and F.P. on TV and Charlie and Dave on the radio. If you haven't called in sick yet, better hurry up…
NEW YORK YANKEES vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (blacked out in D.C. area)
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 14 mph LF to RF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Chad Tracy
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels