Mar 15, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Yankees come to Space Coast Stadium this afternoon.
If Bryce Harper can't play for the New York Yankees, at the very least he wants to play against the New York Yankees. So the 19-year-old right fielder has to be a little pumped for today's game at Space Coast Stadium … er, until he sees the Yankees' lineup.
To the surprise of no one who understands how spring training road games work, manager Joe Girardi is bringing a skeleton crew across the state to Viera. Brett Gardner and Russell Martin are in the lineup, but that's about it for regulars. Newly acquired flamethrower Michael Pineda (who faced the Nats last year while with the Mariners) is on the mound.
Speaking of reunions, former Yankee 19-game winner Chien-Ming Wang starts for the Nationals, the latest test of the right-hander's shoulder and stamina. John Lannan, trying to force his way back into the Opening Day rotation, will pitch out of the bullpen today.
Yes, there's plenty of college hoops on the tube this afternoon, but we've also baseball with Bob and F.P. on TV and Charlie and Dave on the radio. If you haven't called in sick yet, better hurry up…
NEW YORK YANKEES vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (blacked out in D.C. area)
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 14 mph LF to RF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Chad Tracy
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss