Mar 16, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Harrisburg Senators
Harrisburg's Metro Bank Park will continue to house the Nats' Class AA affiliate.
The Nationals have extended their minor-league affiliations with four clubs, ensuring they'll remain partners with Class AAA Syracuse, Class AA Harrisburg, high-Class A Potomac and short-season Class A Auburn.
The two-year extensions run through 2014.
"We could not be more pleased to make this commitment," general manager Mike Rizzo said in announcing the agreements. "To make this announcement so early in the season speaks to how much we value our relationships and the environments cultivated by the good people in Syracuse, Harrisburg, Potomac and Auburn. We take our affiliate relations very seriously in Washington. They are a vital part of our family and we know that with time, these bonds will only strengthen."
After a period of steady changes among their Class AAA affiliates (from New Orleans to Columbus to Syracuse), the Nationals now have established some stability with their top minor-league outlet. The organization signed on with the Chiefs in 2009, and this represents theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high