Mar 16, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Harrisburg Senators
Harrisburg's Metro Bank Park will continue to house the Nats' Class AA affiliate.
The Nationals have extended their minor-league affiliations with four clubs, ensuring they'll remain partners with Class AAA Syracuse, Class AA Harrisburg, high-Class A Potomac and short-season Class A Auburn.
The two-year extensions run through 2014.
"We could not be more pleased to make this commitment," general manager Mike Rizzo said in announcing the agreements. "To make this announcement so early in the season speaks to how much we value our relationships and the environments cultivated by the good people in Syracuse, Harrisburg, Potomac and Auburn. We take our affiliate relations very seriously in Washington. They are a vital part of our family and we know that with time, these bonds will only strengthen."
After a period of steady changes among their Class AAA affiliates (from New Orleans to Columbus to Syracuse), the Nationals now have established some stability with their top minor-league outlet. The organization signed on with the Chiefs in 2009, and this represents theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup