Mar 16, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Harrisburg Senators
Harrisburg's Metro Bank Park will continue to house the Nats' Class AA affiliate.
The Nationals have extended their minor-league affiliations with four clubs, ensuring they'll remain partners with Class AAA Syracuse, Class AA Harrisburg, high-Class A Potomac and short-season Class A Auburn.
The two-year extensions run through 2014.
"We could not be more pleased to make this commitment," general manager Mike Rizzo said in announcing the agreements. "To make this announcement so early in the season speaks to how much we value our relationships and the environments cultivated by the good people in Syracuse, Harrisburg, Potomac and Auburn. We take our affiliate relations very seriously in Washington. They are a vital part of our family and we know that with time, these bonds will only strengthen."
After a period of steady changes among their Class AAA affiliates (from New Orleans to Columbus to Syracuse), the Nationals now have established some stability with their top minor-league outlet. The organization signed on with the Chiefs in 2009, and this represents theRead more »
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs