Mar 18, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Edwin Jackson faces the Tigers today at Space Coast Stadium.
It's a rare event indeed when the visiting lineup at a spring training game features more regulars than the home lineup. That does appear to be the case today in Viera, where Jim Leyland is bringing several of his big names (headlined by Miguel Cabrera) to face Edwin Jackson and the Nationals.
Davey Johnson's lineup boasts only four regulars: Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth. That's because the other four regulars (Michael Morse, Adam LaRoche, Rick Ankiel, Wilson Ramos) are all battling various nagging injuries to various degrees.
Jackson, meanwhile, becomes the first member of the Nationals rotation to make his fourth start of the spring. The right-hander has looked really good so far (1.93 ERA to date) though he struggled somewhat in his last outing.
Charlie and Dave have the radio call for the Nationals' final game before their lone off day of the spring. Then come Tuesday, I'll be back in Florida to provide full coverage and game updates through the remainder of camp…
DETROIT TIGERS vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 178
Weather: Sunny, 80 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
CF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?