Mar 18, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Edwin Jackson faces the Tigers today at Space Coast Stadium.
It's a rare event indeed when the visiting lineup at a spring training game features more regulars than the home lineup. That does appear to be the case today in Viera, where Jim Leyland is bringing several of his big names (headlined by Miguel Cabrera) to face Edwin Jackson and the Nationals.
Davey Johnson's lineup boasts only four regulars: Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth. That's because the other four regulars (Michael Morse, Adam LaRoche, Rick Ankiel, Wilson Ramos) are all battling various nagging injuries to various degrees.
Jackson, meanwhile, becomes the first member of the Nationals rotation to make his fourth start of the spring. The right-hander has looked really good so far (1.93 ERA to date) though he struggled somewhat in his last outing.
Charlie and Dave have the radio call for the Nationals' final game before their lone off day of the spring. Then come Tuesday, I'll be back in Florida to provide full coverage and game updates through the remainder of camp…
DETROIT TIGERS vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 178
Weather: Sunny, 80 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
CF Jayson Werth
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies