Mar 18, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Edwin Jackson faces the Tigers today at Space Coast Stadium.
It's a rare event indeed when the visiting lineup at a spring training game features more regulars than the home lineup. That does appear to be the case today in Viera, where Jim Leyland is bringing several of his big names (headlined by Miguel Cabrera) to face Edwin Jackson and the Nationals.
Davey Johnson's lineup boasts only four regulars: Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth. That's because the other four regulars (Michael Morse, Adam LaRoche, Rick Ankiel, Wilson Ramos) are all battling various nagging injuries to various degrees.
Jackson, meanwhile, becomes the first member of the Nationals rotation to make his fourth start of the spring. The right-hander has looked really good so far (1.93 ERA to date) though he struggled somewhat in his last outing.
Charlie and Dave have the radio call for the Nationals' final game before their lone off day of the spring. Then come Tuesday, I'll be back in Florida to provide full coverage and game updates through the remainder of camp…
DETROIT TIGERS vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 178
Weather: Sunny, 80 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
CF Jayson Werth
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- David Price breaks Max Scherzer's record with contract
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers