Mar 20, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Drew Storen hasn't appeared in a game since March 7.
Updated at 5:38 p.m.
VIERA, Fla. — It's been nearly two weeks since Drew Storen last pitched, raising questions about the Nationals closer's status.
Storen has made only two appearances in Grapefruit League play, tossing a scoreless inning against the Astros on March 4 and then another scoreless inning against the Cardinals on March 7.
The Nationals had planned all along to ease their young closer into the season, not wanting to burn him out in advance of Opening Day. ButRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'