Mar 20, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Drew Storen hasn't appeared in a game since March 7.
Updated at 5:38 p.m.
VIERA, Fla. — It's been nearly two weeks since Drew Storen last pitched, raising questions about the Nationals closer's status.
Storen has made only two appearances in Grapefruit League play, tossing a scoreless inning against the Astros on March 4 and then another scoreless inning against the Cardinals on March 7.
The Nationals had planned all along to ease their young closer into the season, not wanting to burn him out in advance of Opening Day. ButRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox