Mar 20, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Steve Lombardozzi is attempting to make the club as a backup infielder.
Break's over. For the Nationals, who after yesterday's lone respite of the spring are back on the diamond tonight against the Mets in Port St. Lucie. And for your humble beat writer, who is probably 35,000 feet over North Carolina by the time you're reading this, en route to Florida for the rest of camp.
We've hit the home stretch of spring training. The Nationals have 14 more Grapefruit League games to play before heading north for one final exhibition against the Red Sox at Nationals Park and then on to Chicago for the season opener against the Cubs.
Much has already been accomplished in this camp. Ryan Zimmerman got his long-term contract extension. The top of a very talented rotation looks nearly ready to go. Bryce Harper impressed early but struggled late and was sent to Syracuse over the weekend.
But there's still plenty that needs to be resolved over these next two weeks. Let's run through the biggest issues still facing the Nationals as Opening Day draws closer and closer…
WHO'S THE NO. 5 STARTER?
Just when it looked like Chien-Ming Wang had locked it up, the veteran right-hander suffered a scary looking hamstring injury trying to make aRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup