Mar 20, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Steve Lombardozzi is attempting to make the club as a backup infielder.
Break's over. For the Nationals, who after yesterday's lone respite of the spring are back on the diamond tonight against the Mets in Port St. Lucie. And for your humble beat writer, who is probably 35,000 feet over North Carolina by the time you're reading this, en route to Florida for the rest of camp.
We've hit the home stretch of spring training. The Nationals have 14 more Grapefruit League games to play before heading north for one final exhibition against the Red Sox at Nationals Park and then on to Chicago for the season opener against the Cubs.
Much has already been accomplished in this camp. Ryan Zimmerman got his long-term contract extension. The top of a very talented rotation looks nearly ready to go. Bryce Harper impressed early but struggled late and was sent to Syracuse over the weekend.
But there's still plenty that needs to be resolved over these next two weeks. Let's run through the biggest issues still facing the Nationals as Opening Day draws closer and closer…
WHO'S THE NO. 5 STARTER?
Just when it looked like Chien-Ming Wang had locked it up, the veteran right-hander suffered a scary looking hamstring injury trying to make aRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent