Mar 21, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Feeling "way better" after missing two weeks with a sore arm and then strep throat, Drew Storen returned to play catch today and said he has no doubt he'll get enough work in before Opening Day.
Storen hasn't pitched since March 7 after experiencing soreness in the biceps area of his right arm, a product (he believe) of throwing too hard in his first two relief appearances of the spring.
"I was trying to get after it too much," he said. "But it's nothing serious."
Storen would have returned to the mound sometime in the last week, but then he came down with strep throat and was told to stay away from the clubhouse for several days. He returned this morning feeling better and ready to resume building his arm up.
The Nationals have 15 days until their season opener in Chicago, and Storen doesn't think he'll need much time to get his arm ready forRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win
- Gonzalez, Nats win pitchers duel on another walk-off
- Nats' Zimmerman takes significant step in recovery
- Nationals aim for team record 10th straight win vs. D-Backs
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return