Mar 21, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Feeling "way better" after missing two weeks with a sore arm and then strep throat, Drew Storen returned to play catch today and said he has no doubt he'll get enough work in before Opening Day.
Storen hasn't pitched since March 7 after experiencing soreness in the biceps area of his right arm, a product (he believe) of throwing too hard in his first two relief appearances of the spring.
"I was trying to get after it too much," he said. "But it's nothing serious."
Storen would have returned to the mound sometime in the last week, but then he came down with strep throat and was told to stay away from the clubhouse for several days. He returned this morning feeling better and ready to resume building his arm up.
The Nationals have 15 days until their season opener in Chicago, and Storen doesn't think he'll need much time to get his arm ready forRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats