Mar 21, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Feeling "way better" after missing two weeks with a sore arm and then strep throat, Drew Storen returned to play catch today and said he has no doubt he'll get enough work in before Opening Day.
Storen hasn't pitched since March 7 after experiencing soreness in the biceps area of his right arm, a product (he believe) of throwing too hard in his first two relief appearances of the spring.
"I was trying to get after it too much," he said. "But it's nothing serious."
Storen would have returned to the mound sometime in the last week, but then he came down with strep throat and was told to stay away from the clubhouse for several days. He returned this morning feeling better and ready to resume building his arm up.
The Nationals have 15 days until their season opener in Chicago, and Storen doesn't think he'll need much time to get his arm ready forRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)