Mar 21, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Feeling "way better" after missing two weeks with a sore arm and then strep throat, Drew Storen returned to play catch today and said he has no doubt he'll get enough work in before Opening Day.
Storen hasn't pitched since March 7 after experiencing soreness in the biceps area of his right arm, a product (he believe) of throwing too hard in his first two relief appearances of the spring.
"I was trying to get after it too much," he said. "But it's nothing serious."
Storen would have returned to the mound sometime in the last week, but then he came down with strep throat and was told to stay away from the clubhouse for several days. He returned this morning feeling better and ready to resume building his arm up.
The Nationals have 15 days until their season opener in Chicago, and Storen doesn't think he'll need much time to get his arm ready forRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return
- Span tabs Nats teammate & rival to do ice bucket challenge
- Williams debates keeping streak alive or long term health
- VIDEO: Bryce Harper's hair is on fire and he plays the ukulele
- Asdrubal Cabrera fitting in with Nats in first few weeks since trade
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett will 'probably' retire after this season