Mar 21, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
John Lannan tossed four scoreless innings today against the Braves.
"I'm assuming that I'm starting every fifth day," the left-hander said following today's four-inning appearance. "So I'm just going to go from there and start five days from now."
By all accounts, Lannan's assumptions are correct. Despite hope in some corners that Chien-Ming Wang will be able to make his first start of the season, manager Davey Johnson today suggested Wang won't have healed from his hamstring injury in nearly enough time.
Johnson in particular was discouraged by the size of the bruise emanating from Wang's left leg, where he suffered the initial hamstring strain last week.
"He's moving around walking good, but from what I saw today, he's got quite a bit of blood in there," Johnson said. "Before he gets on theRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats cut two more, reducing healthy roster to 27
- Is this a preview of Nats' Opening Day lineup?
- Rendon will begin season on DL with sprained MCL
- Frandsen released, Gwynn Jr. sent to minors
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee