Mar 21, 2012, 9:52 PM EST
Associated Press photo
John Lannan tossed four scoreless innings today against the Braves.
"I'm assuming that I'm starting every fifth day," the left-hander said following today's four-inning appearance. "So I'm just going to go from there and start five days from now."
By all accounts, Lannan's assumptions are correct. Despite hope in some corners that Chien-Ming Wang will be able to make his first start of the season, manager Davey Johnson today suggested Wang won't have healed from his hamstring injury in nearly enough time.
Johnson in particular was discouraged by the size of the bruise emanating from Wang's left leg, where he suffered the initial hamstring strain last week.
"He's moving around walking good, but from what I saw today, he's got quite a bit of blood in there," Johnson said. "Before he gets on theRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal