Mar 23, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse hopes to resume baseball activities soon.
KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Though Michael Morse has yet to appear in the field this spring and has yet to resume baseball activities after receiving a platelet-rich plasma injection near his injured lat muscle, the Nationals still believe there's a chance their cleanup hitter could be in the starting lineup come Opening Day.
"I feel good about him Opening Day," general manager Mike Rizzo said following today's exhibition game against the Astros. "And if not Opening Day, soon thereafter."
Morse expressed the same optimism this morning before going through conditioning drills at Space Coast Stadium.
"I feel good," he said. "I feel great."
Morse has been instructed by the Nationals not to discuss the PRP treatment, but he displayed a full range of motion of his right shoulder and offered no reason to believe he's experiencing any pain around hisRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies