Mar 24, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Newly renovated Ed Smith Stadium, spring training home of the Orioles.
SARASOTA, Fla. — I've been covering games in the Grapefruit League since 2001, but until today I'd never been to Sarasota. In the past, I wasn't too upset about missing out on decrepit, old Ed Smith Stadium. But that was before they completely overhauled this place and the Orioles moved in. Have to say, this has become a fine facility, one of the best in Florida.
The Nationals actually brought a decent number of regulars on the three-hour trip from Viera. Ian Desmond (a Sarasota native), Danny Espinosa, Rick Ankiel and Wilson Ramos are here. So are Jesus Flores and Steve Lombardozzi.
Edwin Jackson makes the start, looking to bounce back from a four-run, seven-hit outing earlier this week against the Tigers. Updates to come throughout…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. BALTIMORE ORIOLES
Where: Ed Smith Stadium, Sarasota
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside of Balt/DC area), MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), WSPZ (570 AM).
Weather: Partly cloudy, 82 degrees, Wind 13 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
1B Chad Tracy
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels