Mar 25, 2012, 10:03 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg tossed five scoreless innings against the Mets today.
"I feel ready to go," the Nationals right-hander said today following his penultimate start of spring training.
The New York Mets who faced Strasburg today at Space Coast Stadium wouldn't disagree with that sentiment. Though they scattered five hits, a walk and a hit batter in five innings against the young ace, they never crossed the plate.
Strasburg wasn't in tip-top shape, and his pitch count of 84 was a bit high for only five innings of work. But he struck out five, mixed in several high-quality offspeed pitches and seemed to bear down when heRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training