Mar 25, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Rick Ankiel, who had a quad strain earlier this spring, was scratched from today's lineup.
VIERA, Fla. — It's a lazy Sunday here at Space Coast Stadium, where it's been raining on and off this morning. Doesn't appear there's enough precipitation to threaten this afternoon's game against the Mets, which is a good thing because the Nationals need to ratchet things up a bit and put forth a solid effort after failing to win any of their last 11 Grapefruit League games.
Manager Davey Johnson has been pointing for a while to today's game as the unofficial start of the home stretch of the spring. He's been planning to play most of his regulars, giving them plenty of at-bats in preparation for the season opener.
Unfortunately, it's tough for Johnson to put together a full lineup when several of his regulars are still dealing with injuries. Michael Morse (lat strain) is still waiting for the green light to resume baseball activities. Adam LaRoche (bone bruise in foot) did get a bunch of at-bats again yesterday in a minor-league game but has yet to be cleared to run the bases. And now Rick Ankiel has been scratched from today's lineup (heRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Rivero build off strong rookie year?
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?