Mar 26, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Associated Press photo
Roger Bernadina watches his fifth-inning homer clear the fence.
VIERA, Fla. — At various points over the last four seasons, Roger Bernadina has displayed a natural ability and athleticism that gives the Nationals reason to believe he can be a significant producer at the big-league level.
Bernadina, though, has never been able to sustain that level of play for any length of time, forever teasing the Nationals with his skills, but only in spurts.
The 27-year-old outfielder has been at it again the last couple of days. He's homered in back-to-back games and gone a combined 5-for-6 with six RBI and a walk.
One reason for Bernadina's recent surge in power: He's worked with hitting coach Rick Eckstein on staying "inside" the ball and not flyingRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Rivero build off strong rookie year?
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?