Mar 26, 2012, 8:18 PM EST
US Presswire photo
First baseman Adam LaRoche last appeared in a game on March 15.
VIERA, Fla. — It didn't look like much — jogging around a 10-foot circle a couple of times — but it represented one of the last hurdles standing between Adam LaRoche and a return to the Nationals' lineup.
Testing out his injured left foot in that fashion for the first time in nearly two weeks, LaRoche reported no problems and is expected to be cleared to participate fully in a minor-league game tomorrow.
If that goes well, LaRoche could be back in the Nationals' big-league lineup later this week, giving him enough time to make the Opening Day roster.
Even if it doesn't happen according to that timetable, LaRoche has noRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals
- After whirlwind debut, Treinen finds comfort zone