Mar 26, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
First baseman Adam LaRoche last appeared in a game on March 15.
VIERA, Fla. — It didn't look like much — jogging around a 10-foot circle a couple of times — but it represented one of the last hurdles standing between Adam LaRoche and a return to the Nationals' lineup.
Testing out his injured left foot in that fashion for the first time in nearly two weeks, LaRoche reported no problems and is expected to be cleared to participate fully in a minor-league game tomorrow.
If that goes well, LaRoche could be back in the Nationals' big-league lineup later this week, giving him enough time to make the Opening Day roster.
Even if it doesn't happen according to that timetable, LaRoche has noRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut