Mar 26, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats and Astros square off this afternoon at Space Coast Stadium.
VIERA, Fla. — Fresh off a 12-0 rout of the Mets, the Nationals are back at it today with many of the same regulars in the starting lineup. That includes the top four of Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth.
Werth, by the way, said he got confirmation from several people that his first-inning home run yesterday did indeed strike his truck. "There was a smoldering crater in the hood," he claimed. OK, so that part may have been an exaggeration. But the ball did at least make contact with the truck.
John Lannan, formally named this morning as Davey Johnson's No. 5 starter, is on the mound against the Astros. Ross Detwiler will follow him out of the bullpen.
Plenty of updates to come on a beautiful day in Viera, so please check back…
HOUSTON ASTROS vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: Astros feed via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Sunny, 77 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to CF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- With Rays' asking Price, no wonder Nats looked elsewhere
- Revisiting all those Nationals and Athletics trades
- Ex-Nats C Brian Schneider takes Single-A manager job
- 2B Brian Roberts, Yankees agree to contract
- Lefties priced themselves out of Nats' market
- Former Nats prospect Marrero lands with Orioles
- Report: Jimmy Rollins latest Phillies player in trade rumors
- Braves add Gavin Floyd on one-year deal
- Nats looking for 2014 'entertainment crew'
- Williams embraces Nats' lofty expectations