Mar 27, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats make yet another trip to Jupiter today to face the Marlins.
JUPITER, Fla. — Gio Gonzalez is quite familiar with Roger Dean Stadium at this point, and not because he happens to live a little farther down I-95 in Miami. This is actually his third start of the spring at this complex, though the previous two came against the Cardinals.
Today, Gonzalez will go up against the Marlins, who have plenty of regulars in their lineup, including Jose Reyes, Hanley Ramirez and Gaby Sanchez. They also have a familiar face in their lineup: Austin Kearns. The former Nationals outfielder is putting together an impressive spring — he's hitting .345 with three homers — as he tries to make the club as a non-roster invitee.
No TV or radio coverage of this game, so you'll just have to check back here often for all your updates…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Partly cloudy, 79 degrees, Wind 16 mph in from CF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Mark DeRosa
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs