Mar 27, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats make yet another trip to Jupiter today to face the Marlins.
JUPITER, Fla. — Gio Gonzalez is quite familiar with Roger Dean Stadium at this point, and not because he happens to live a little farther down I-95 in Miami. This is actually his third start of the spring at this complex, though the previous two came against the Cardinals.
Today, Gonzalez will go up against the Marlins, who have plenty of regulars in their lineup, including Jose Reyes, Hanley Ramirez and Gaby Sanchez. They also have a familiar face in their lineup: Austin Kearns. The former Nationals outfielder is putting together an impressive spring — he's hitting .345 with three homers — as he tries to make the club as a non-roster invitee.
No TV or radio coverage of this game, so you'll just have to check back here often for all your updates…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Partly cloudy, 79 degrees, Wind 16 mph in from CF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Mark DeRosa
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke
- Quality at-bats propel Nationals to big win