Mar 29, 2012, 4:58 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Braves come to Space Coast Stadium this afternoon.
VIERA, Fla. — There are a couple of interesting additions to the Nationals' lineup today: Adam LaRoche is back starting at first base, and Xavier Nady is back starting in left field.
This is LaRoche's first game appearance since March 15. His sprained ankle/bruised foot has healed, and he's been cleared to run the bases, so it certainly looks like he'll be good to go by Opening Day. Nady, meanwhile, is throwing his hat into the ring for the Opening Day left fielder's job with Michael Morse expected to be on the disabled list.
Nady actually was supposed to start in right field, with Mark DeRosa in left field. But DeRosa was a late scratch. No reason has been given yet, but he was dealing with a calf cramp the other day, so it might just be a recurrence of that.
Edwin Jackson is on the mound, hoping to bounce back from his troublesome start Saturday against the Orioles. Plenty of updates to come…
ATLANTA BRAVES vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS (ss)
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: Braves feed via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 83 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to CF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
CF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who's better right now?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo