Mar 29, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Edwin Jackson allowed one run on two hits over six strong innings.
Five days removed from a shellacking in Sarasota, Edwin Jackson was fantastic. The right-hander allowed just one run on two hits over six strong innings and was pleased with the approach he took in his second-to-last tune-up of camp.
"I know spring has been kinda up and down," he said. "But I'm just trying to go out with a little bit more focus and a little bit more [regular] season mentality."
Jackson, who was tagged by the Orioles on Saturday for 10 runs (seven earned) and 12 hits in only 3 2/3 innings, was sharp throughout this start. He retired 10 consecutive batters at one point, issued only one walk and was efficient enough to get through six innings without reaching his pitch limit of 85.
"Awfully good," manager Davey Johnson said in evaluating his No. 4Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg dominates as Nats win 4-2
- Harper latest Nats player to come down with bug
- LaRoche named finalist for Man of Year award
- Zimmerman ready for game action in Viera
- Strasburg tries to exorcise Atlanta demons
- Nationals putting NLDS tickets on sale Monday
- State of the Nats: Nationals can clinch this week against rivals
- Can the Nationals clinch in Atlanta this week?
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale