Mar 29, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Edwin Jackson allowed one run on two hits over six strong innings.
Five days removed from a shellacking in Sarasota, Edwin Jackson was fantastic. The right-hander allowed just one run on two hits over six strong innings and was pleased with the approach he took in his second-to-last tune-up of camp.
"I know spring has been kinda up and down," he said. "But I'm just trying to go out with a little bit more focus and a little bit more [regular] season mentality."
Jackson, who was tagged by the Orioles on Saturday for 10 runs (seven earned) and 12 hits in only 3 2/3 innings, was sharp throughout this start. He retired 10 consecutive batters at one point, issued only one walk and was efficient enough to get through six innings without reaching his pitch limit of 85.
"Awfully good," manager Davey Johnson said in evaluating his No. 4Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup
- Werth, Rendon, scouting come together in Nats win
- Instant analysis: Nats 5, Brewers 4