Mar 30, 2012, 8:29 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Rick Ankiel was officially added to the 40-man roster today.
VIERA, Fla. — With six days to go before their season opener in Chicago, the Nationals are content to assemble their roster from within.
There are 34 players remaining in big-league camp, though five of those are expected to open the season on the disabled list: Michael Morse, Drew Storen and Chien-Ming Wang on the 15-day DL and Chris Marrero and Cole Kimball on the 60-day DL.
So that leaves only 29 healthy players for Rizzo and manager Davey Johnson to consider when assembling their Opening Day roster. Outfielder Xavier Nady figures to beat out catcher Carlos Maldonado and first baseman Chad Tracy for the final spot on the bench, and Ryan Mattheus is favored over Craig Stammen and Chad Durbin to winRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?