Mar 30, 2012, 8:29 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Rick Ankiel was officially added to the 40-man roster today.
VIERA, Fla. — With six days to go before their season opener in Chicago, the Nationals are content to assemble their roster from within.
There are 34 players remaining in big-league camp, though five of those are expected to open the season on the disabled list: Michael Morse, Drew Storen and Chien-Ming Wang on the 15-day DL and Chris Marrero and Cole Kimball on the 60-day DL.
So that leaves only 29 healthy players for Rizzo and manager Davey Johnson to consider when assembling their Opening Day roster. Outfielder Xavier Nady figures to beat out catcher Carlos Maldonado and first baseman Chad Tracy for the final spot on the bench, and Ryan Mattheus is favored over Craig Stammen and Chad Durbin to winRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games
- Fister, Nats aim for series win against Mets in New York
- Gonzalez' pitching leads Nats over Mets
- Anthony Rendon has another setback in rehab from MCL sprain
- Gio starts as Nationals face Mets in New York
- Nats have had enough of the 8th inning
- Nats fall to Mets as Harvey bests Scherzer
- MLB amends rule involving Nats' top prospect
- Scherzer faces Harvey in marquee matchup
- Good news for Nats regarding Anthony Rendon's rehab