Mar 30, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Chien-Ming Wang last pitched on March 15 against the Yankees.
Manager Davey Johnson said Wang will fly north with the club following Monday's Grapefruit League finale in Fort Myers, though it's yet to be determined if the right-hander will accompany the team to Chicago for Thursday's opener against the Cubs or remain in Washington to continue his rehab.
"I want to see his throwing program and what he's doing up to that point," Johnson said before tonight's game. "Not that much is going to be happening down here anyways. And then we can decide what's best for him to continue his rehab, either out of D.C. or whatever."
Wang strained his hamstring on March 15, trying to make a play at first base, and club officials initially feared the injury was serious. There's still no formal timetable for the right-hander's return, but the NationalsRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A blast and a bloop keep red-hot Nats rolling
- Nats bats come alive late in 6-4 win over Marlins
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Rendon diagnosed with new injury, shut down by Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets