Apr 3, 2012, 3:10 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nationals Park hosts its first ballgame of 2012 today.
The sun is shining, the cherry blossoms are blooming and there will be baseball played on South Capitol Street today. How sweet is that?
Sandwiched between their Grapefruit League finale in Fort Myers and their season opener in Chicago, the Nationals make a brief cameo appearance in the District this afternoon, taking on the Boston Red Sox in one last exhibition game. Davey Johnson is playing all his regulars, though there's a twist: Xavier Nady is serving as designated hitter. Yes, a DH in a National League park. There's something you won't see again.
A couple more interesting lineup tidbits: Adam LaRoche, not Jayson Werth, is hitting cleanup against Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz. I've got a hunch you'll see that arrangement on Thursday against the Cubs as well. Also, Roger Bernadina is back in the lineup after coming out of yesterday's game with a knee injury. Appears he's OK.
Plenty of updates to come all afternoon, so please check back often…
BOSTON RED SOX vs. WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 3:05 p.m.
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 177
Weather: Sunny, 65 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos