Apr 3, 2012, 5:53 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Drew Storen will open the season on the DL but expects a quick return.
Though he won't join the rest of his teammates in Chicago this weekend to open the season, Nationals closer Drew Storen expects to be able to rejoin them soon thereafter.
Storen will be placed on the 15-day disabled list this evening with right elbow inflammation, but the move can be back-dated to March 26 because he hasn't appeared in a game since. Thus, he'll be eligible to return as soon as next Tuesday, and he believes he can back in uniform shortly after that date, sometime in mid-April.
"Yeah, that seems about dead-on," he said. "I think that's pretty accurate."
Storen threw off a bullpen mound at Nationals Park this morning, ramping up his effort and throwing a few breaking balls for the first time since he was shut down three weeks ago with elbow discomfort.Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats
- Bryce Harper does not know how to pronounce 'meme'