Apr 4, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera will lead the Tigers to a World Series title.
Trying to predict on April 4 what MLB's standings will look like on Oct. 4 — and then trying to predict how the entire postseason will play out — is a fruitless effort. There are so many unknown variables to this equation. What teams will suffer major injuries? What rookies will burst onto the scene and make a difference? What big names will be dealt at the July 31 trade deadline and shake up the pennant race?
But it's a rite of spring for those of us who cover baseball for a living to put our reputations on the line and make bold, Opening Day predictions that are sure to look foolish six months from now. We just can't help ourselves.
So without further ado, my predicted order of finish for all six MLB divisions, the major end-of-season award winners and a World Series showdown between Motown and the city by the bay. Oh, and be sure to check back tomorrow morning as I and my counterparts on the beat reveal a plethora of Nats-related predictions. Enjoy (and please feel free to post your own outrageous predictions below)…
3. NationalsRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman
- After shaky 1st inning, Zimmermann cruises
- Nationals Stock Watch: Other hot bats besides Harper
- Hershey's pitches in to help Nationals continue sweet celebrations
- Harper, Williams strongly disagree with ejections from win vs. Yankees
- Harper and Williams ejected again, Nats rally again
- Harper, Williams ejected vs. Yankees on Wednesday night