Apr 4, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera will lead the Tigers to a World Series title.
Trying to predict on April 4 what MLB's standings will look like on Oct. 4 — and then trying to predict how the entire postseason will play out — is a fruitless effort. There are so many unknown variables to this equation. What teams will suffer major injuries? What rookies will burst onto the scene and make a difference? What big names will be dealt at the July 31 trade deadline and shake up the pennant race?
But it's a rite of spring for those of us who cover baseball for a living to put our reputations on the line and make bold, Opening Day predictions that are sure to look foolish six months from now. We just can't help ourselves.
So without further ado, my predicted order of finish for all six MLB divisions, the major end-of-season award winners and a World Series showdown between Motown and the city by the bay. Oh, and be sure to check back tomorrow morning as I and my counterparts on the beat reveal a plethora of Nats-related predictions. Enjoy (and please feel free to post your own outrageous predictions below)…
3. NationalsRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale
- Harper, Desmond star in Nats 10-3 win over Mets
- Fister looks to stay perfect against Mets tonight
- Nats can't climb out of early hole, fall to Mets 4-3
- Nationals shoot for 13th straight win at Citi Field
- The Baseball Show: Are Nats finally over the Braves (VIDEO)
- Two Nationals players plunked by Colon in 6-2 win
- Desmond, Rendon back in Nationals' lineup
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers falling hard