Apr 4, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera will lead the Tigers to a World Series title.
Trying to predict on April 4 what MLB's standings will look like on Oct. 4 — and then trying to predict how the entire postseason will play out — is a fruitless effort. There are so many unknown variables to this equation. What teams will suffer major injuries? What rookies will burst onto the scene and make a difference? What big names will be dealt at the July 31 trade deadline and shake up the pennant race?
But it's a rite of spring for those of us who cover baseball for a living to put our reputations on the line and make bold, Opening Day predictions that are sure to look foolish six months from now. We just can't help ourselves.
So without further ado, my predicted order of finish for all six MLB divisions, the major end-of-season award winners and a World Series showdown between Motown and the city by the bay. Oh, and be sure to check back tomorrow morning as I and my counterparts on the beat reveal a plethora of Nats-related predictions. Enjoy (and please feel free to post your own outrageous predictions below)…
3. NationalsRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game