Apr 4, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Davey Johnson and Mike Rizzo have assembled a roster they believe can win this year.
The Nationals have never opened a season with a roster quite this talented or quite this deep. Remember those past squads that included the likes of Jerome Williams, Odalis Perez, Brandon Watson, Brian Broderick and J.J. Davis? That's not the case anymore.
If anything, the Nationals had stockpiled too much talent in big-league camp this spring and couldn't find enough spots to keep everyone worthy of a job. Thus, you'll now find John Lannan pitching in Syracuse and Chad Durbin pitching in Atlanta.
Whether general manager Mike Rizzo and manager Davey Johnson made the right decisions in assembling their Opening Day roster remains to be seen. For now, let's take a closer look at the 25 men who will take the field tomorrow in Chicago (plus the six men who will begin the season on the disabled list)…
WILSON RAMOS — After a harrowing experience in his native Venezuela this winter, the young catcher was relieved and happy to be back among teammates this spring. He'll start five or six times perRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett